Our Community Advisory Councils (CACs) provide opportunities for consumers to participate in the development and delivery of hospital services to ensure we meet the needs of the communities we serve.
Members of our various hospital CACs work in partnership with staff to ensure the consumer voice is heard, acknowledged and valued by our health service.
CAC members contribute to:
- the facilitation of communication and consultation with the community where appropriate
- advising the hospital on processes for community consultation and participation
- providing a community perspective on activities, initiatives and projects that impact on consumers
- facilitating improvements in partnership with FHHS staff and management
- maintaining an awareness and understanding of the requirements of relevant standards, e.g. National Safety and Quality Health Service (NSQHS) Standards, National Standards for Mental Health Services (NSMHS) and EQuIPNational Standards
- activities undertaken to achieve compliance with the above standards.
Advertisements for new members are placed in the local media (including community newspapers and The West Australian newspaper) and on individual hospital websites when vacancies arise. Alternatively our CAC’s can be contacted direct:
Armadale Kalamunda Group
Bentley Health Service
Royal Perth Hospital