The Epidemiology Branch is responsible for the collection and analysis of a wide range of population health data.
We are the “go to” area for advice and analysis on population-based health data for Western Australia. The work of the Epidemiology Branch is fundamental to the provision of evidence-based services designed to improve the health status of Western Australians.
- monitor the health of the WA population and identify areas of need
- evaluate the performance of the health system and identify areas for improvement
- investigate community health concerns and identify health risks that require management
- collect, manage and value-add to a range of datasets that are essential to the maintenance of the health system
- provide a wide range of statistical and spatial advice and analysis using the most up to date data to a range of clients both within and external to the Department of Health.
Requests for specific population-based information can be made to the Epidemiology Branch by completing a data request form (Word 124KB). Requests may attract a charge. Information about charges are outlined in the Epidemiology Branch data request charging policy (PDF 53KB).
Level 3 Block C
Phone: 9222 2496
Fax: 9222 4055