A recordable event includes each time a S8 medicine or S9 poison is received, sold, supplied, used, administered or transported by or on behalf of an authorised person.
When to record
The record in the Register should be made at the time event occurs or as soon as reasonably practicable afterwards. The current balance in the Register must be correct at all times.
What to record
Details that must be recorded in the Register following each recordable event include:
- date of the event
- name and address of each other person involved in the event (the person it is being received from or the person it is being supplied to)
- name of person issuing the prescription, order or other authority to supply
- prescription reference number (for supply in accordance with a prescription) or identifying supply order number
- the S8 medicine or S9 poison name, strength and form
- quantity received or supplied
- quantity remaining after the event (physical stock balance)
- signature of the authorised person
- if administered to a patient – time of dose, dose administered, amount, amount discarded (if applicable).