See the list of WA Health approved yellow fever vaccination providers (Healthy WA).
Public health management
- Infectious agent: Yellow fever virus.
- Transmission: mosquito-borne.
- Incubation period: 3 to 6 days.
- Infectious period: No evidence of direct person to person transmission.
- Case exclusion: Do not exclude, but cases should avoid being bitten by mosquitos while symptomatic to reduce the chance of spreading the infection.
- Contact exclusion: Do not exclude.
- Treatment: No specific anti-viral treatment. Symptomatic treatment only.
- Immunisation: Yellow fever vaccination is available and recommended for people over 9 months of age who are travelling to countries where yellow fever is endemic.
- Case follow-up: is conducted by public health units (Healthy WA) and the Communicable Disease Control Directorate.
Notifiable disease data and reports
Last reviewed: 14-08-2015
Last updated: 08-06-2016