If you need medical advice or are concerned about a health condition, please:
- see your doctor or visit a GP after hours (Healthy WA)
- call healthdirect Australia – 1800 022 222 for health advice 24 hours a day
- call the Poisons Information Centre on 13 11 26 for advice in cases of suspected poisoning, medication errors, bites and stings
- call the Mental Health Emergency Response Line – Metro 1300 555 788 or Peel 1800 676 822 for confidential after-hours psychiatric emergency services. Rural and remote areas call Rurallink 1800 552 002
- go to a hospital emergency department (Healthy WA) if you have a serious or life-threatening condition.
If you are enquiring after a patient please:
Please note: The Department of Health has a duty of care to maintain patient confidentiality and will not disclose information to any individual unless they are directly involved in the health care of the patient.
To cancel or reschedule an outpatient appointment call:
- Outpatient Direct 1300 855 275 – National Relay Service callers 13 36 77
Monday to Friday, 8.00am – 6.00pm
Through Medicare, the Australian Government helps with the costs of some in-hospital and out-of-hospital services.
For further information visit the Medicare website (external site).
Access WA Health medical records (Freedom of Information or FOI)
Under the Freedom of Information Act 1992 (external site) you can access your WA Health medical records.
This service is free and applications must be in writing.
Read more about accessing WA Health medical records (Healthy WA)
Compliments or complaints
We welcome your feedback – submit a compliment (Healthy WA) or complaint (Healthy WA).
Choose an enquiry topic
Department of Health
Phone: 9222 4222
For Media enquiries only (+61 8) 9222 4333
National Relay Service
If you are deaf, or have a hearing impairment or speech impairment, contact us through the National Relay Service (external site):
- TTY users phone 133 677 then ask for 08 9222 4222
- Speak and Listen users phone 1300 555 727 then ask for 08 9222 4222
- Internet relay users (external site)connect to the NRS then ask for 08 9222 4222.
Department of Health
189 Royal Street
East Perth WA 6004
PO Box 8172
Perth Business Centre
Perth WA 6849