Health – Securing our Future
Total Health Budget in 2016–17 will be $8.6 billion, an increase since 2008–09 (when the health budget was $4.8 billion) of 80%.
$7 billion worth of new hospital infrastructure since 2008
- 15 new hospitals and health facilities
- 6 in metro area
- 9 in regional WA
- 26 major upgrades to healthcare facilities
- 6 in metro areas
- 20 in regional WA
- 20 investments in Emergency Departments statewide.
Perth Children’s Hospital
- $1.2 billion – to open this year
- Investment in 11 children’s units since 2008.
Royalties for Regions Health Initiative
- $822 million over four years
- New hospital for Warren
- Upgrades to Onslow and Newman hospitals, as well as Katanning and Collie health facilities
- New Karratha Health Campus
- $10 million for bone graft storage bank
- $52.6 million for radiology archiving and information system
- $1 million Neurotrauma research