Authorised officers under the Food Act 2008

In Western Australia (WA) authorised officers may be appointed under sections 122 and 123 of the Food Act 2008 (the Act) (external site) by enforcement agencies, for the purposes of the Act.

This is an important function and compliance and enforcement activities may only be undertaken by authorised officers who have a valid certificate of authority. A certificate of authority must be issued to authorised officers by enforcement agencies under the Act.

An enforcement agency may appoint a person to be an authorised officer for the purpose the Act if:

More information

Produced by

Public Health