Mine sites and exploration camps

From July 2008 all mine sites and exploration camps providing drinking water to employees are obliged to comply with the Australian Drinking Water Guidelines (external site).

All drinking water quality monitoring results must be provided to the Department of Health WA – ref: Circular letter by State Mining Engineer (PDF 63KB).

The management, monitoring and reporting requirements are dependent on the water source and system setup. The requirements are detailed in the factsheet and ancillary documents below:

More information

Water Unit, Environmental Health Directorate
Department of Health
Telephone: (08) 9222 2000
Email: ehinfo@health.wa.gov.au

Last reviewed: 20-02-2020
Produced by

Public Health