Our Community Advisory Councils (CACs) at South Metropolitan Health Service were established to provide opportunities for consumer participation in the development and delivery of hospital services, to meet the needs of the community we serve.
Members of our various hospital CACs work in partnership with staff to ensure the consumer voice is heard, acknowledged and valued by our health service.
CAC members contribute to:
- the facilitation of communication and consultation with the community where appropriate
- advising the hospital on processes for community consultation and participation
- providing a community perspective on activities, initiatives and projects that impact on consumers
- the creation and review of consumer service policies and procedures
- facilitating improvements in partnership with staff and management
- maintaining an awareness and understanding of the requirements of relevant standards, e.g. National Safety and Quality Health Service (NSQHS) Standards, National Standards for Mental Health Services (NSMHS) and EQuIPNational Standards
- activities undertaken to achieve compliance with the above standards.
Becoming a CAC member
Advertisements for new members are placed in the local media (including community newspapers and The West Australian newspaper) and on individual hospital websites when vacancies arise. Alternatively our CAC’s can be contacted direct:
Fiona Stanley Hospital
Visit the Fiona Stanley Hospital website (external site)
Fremantle Hospital and Health Service
Visit the Fremantle Hospital and Health Service website (external site)
Rockingham Peel Group
Visit the Rockingham Peel Group website (external site)
South Metropolitan Health Service