About the Program
The Western Australian Home and Community Care (HACC) Program is a joint funding initiative of the Commonwealth and WA State Governments which provides basic support services for eligible people of all ages with a disability and their carers to assist them to continue living independently at home.
HACC support is designed to assist people with the greatest need and aims to maximise people’s independence.
This includes providing basic support for people:
- to participate in social activity in a group or one-on-one
- with everyday household tasks
- to enhance nutrition, function, strength, independence and safety
- to support independence in personal care activities such as showering and dressing
- to keep up with essential activities such as shopping, banking and maintaining social contacts
For information about the HACC Program and other community care services including:
- eligibility screening
- referrals for individual assessment
contact the Regional Assessment Service on 1300 785 415.
For all other enquiries:
- Aged and Continuing Care Directorate
Department of Health
Postal Address: PO Box 8172, Perth Business Centre WA 6849
Phone: 9222 4222
Fax: 9222 2192
HACC brochures are available to order online through CommunityWest (external site).
Aged and Continuing Care Directorate