A key function of the Healthcare Associated Infection Unit (HAIU) is to produce the Healthcare Infection Surveillance Western Australia (HISWA) reports. These reports are provided regularly for all indicators submitted to HISWA and include:
- routine and ad hoc individual hospital reports accessible via automated reporting function on the HISWA database
- aggregated quarterly reports available on the HAIU website
- annual aggregated data report published in hard copy and available on the HAIU website.
In addition the following reports are generated for mandatory indicators:
- monthly MRSA inpatient infection report by Area Health Service and Hospital for the Director General of Health
- annual mandatory indicator report by hospital for the Director General of Health, Chief Medical Officer, Chief Executives of Area Health Services / Hospitals
- monthly MRSA inpatient infection report for the Four Hour Rule Reporting Program.
Infection rates are risk-adjusted where possible to reflect differences in clinical case-mix between participating hospitals. Aggregation allows for system-wide priority setting, evaluation and benchmarking.
A brief explanation of the rates used in HISWA reports can be found in the Interpretation of reports flyer (PDF 190 KB).
Summary and detailed analysis (de-identified) of all data submitted to HISWA for each financial year.
Summary and brief analysis (de-identified) of data submitted to HISWA for each quarter
Results of other surveillance activities and projects
Reports are available for up to 12 months after publication on this webpage. If you would like a copy of an older report, please email HISWA.
- Healthcare Associated Infection Unit
Grace Vaughan House
227 Stubbs Terrace
SHENTON PARK WA 6008
Phone: Program Manager 9388 4859
Infection Control Nurse 9388 4808
Program Officer 9388 4866
Communicable Disease Control Directorate
Department of Health
PO Box 8172
Perth Business Centre
Perth WA 6849