A key function of the Healthcare Associated Infection Unit (HAIU) is to produce the Healthcare Infection Surveillance Western Australia (HISWA) reports. Routine reports include:
- quarterly individual hospital reports
- quarterly aggregate reports
- quarterly tertiary hospital benchmarking report
- annual aggregate report.
In addition the HAIU is required to provide the following reports for performance indicator monitoring:
- Health Service Performance Reports (HSPR), quarterly
- WA Emergency Access Target (WEAT), monthly
- Reports to meet Commonwealth Healthcare Agreements requirements e.g. MyHospitals data
Aggregation of data allows for system-wide priority setting, evaluation and benchmarking. Infection rates are risk-adjusted where possible to reflect differences in clinical case-mix between participating hospitals.
Refer to the HISWA Surveillance Manual (Module 1) for information on data analysis and interpretation of reports
Quarterly aggregate reports
Reports are available for up to 12 months after publication on this webpage. If you would like a copy of an older report, please email HISWA.