This page provides the Department of Health's (the Department) Electronic Business Conditions of Use.
These Conditions of Use should be read together with the Department's Acceptable User and Access Policy.
These Conditions of Use are to be applied to MyHR.
By accessing and using this website and using any application, you agree to be bound by and to comply with these Conditions of Use. The conditions apply to:
- your access and use of the website
- use of any application
- the performance of the website
- the information, services and other material contained on the website or provided by it.
Please read and ensure that you clearly understand and accept these Conditions of Use before you proceed to use this website and any Application.
Please exit this website if you do not agree to accept and be bound by these Conditions of Use.
Part A: General information
Purpose of the Department's website
This website is provided to contribute to the efficiency and effectiveness of the Department's human resources system.
Browser versions supported
This website supports the following browsers:
- Internet Explorer V5.5 and higher
- Netscape Navigator V7.0 and higher
- Firefox 1.0 and higher
- Mozilla 1.7
Certain functions on this website require your browser to be set to allow the creation of cookies on your computer.
Cookies are required for security reasons and to allow our systems to uniquely identify you and your computer.
The Department will endeavour to have the general functions of this website available to you 24 hours per day, 7 days per week.
Specific applications operating within this website may have restrictions on availability due to operational or security constraints.
You should ensure that you have other means of undertaking urgent or time-sensitive transactions and obtaining information, if for any reason this website is unavailable.
Customer feedback and enquiries
Email enquiries and customer feedback will be processed within the same parameters as our normal business correspondence targets as defined in our customer charter.
Contacting the Department
For enquiries regarding this information please contact the MyHR team.
Part B: Conditions of use for the Department of Health website
In these Conditions of Use:
- Application means a specific application on the website for which authorisation is required for the use of that application.
- Authorised user means a person who is authorised by the Department by means of a unique username and confidential password to access and use applications which are available on this website.
- Conditions of Use means these terms and conditions for use of the Department’s website.
- Material means any data, document or information obtained from this website or any application.
- Special conditions means the specific conditions which apply for the use of an application.
- User means any person using this website.
- Department, we, our or us means the Department of Health, its officers, employees, agents and contractors.
- Website means, unless otherwise stated, the website operating under the registered domain of www.myhr.health.wa.gov.au (external site).
- You or your means the person who accepts these Conditions of Use, either personally or on behalf of a company or other legal entity and includes, if acceptance is on behalf a company or other legal entity, the company or other legal entity’s officers, employees, agents and contractors.
1.2. Time and place of sending and receiving
All interactions with the Department which occur through this website, are deemed to take place in the State of Western Australia.
The time stamp of any interaction or transaction is defined at the time of sending from or receipt by the Department’s web server(s) which are set to Australian Western Standard Time.
1.3. Governing law and jurisdiction
The Conditions of Use and the Special Conditions are governed by and will be construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Western Australia and are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of Western Australia.
1.4. Privacy statement
2. Access to information held by the Department
2.1.1. The Department reserves the right to change these Conditions of Use from time to time at its sole discretion. You must periodically check this section of the website to see if any of the changes affect you.
2.1.2. Material is provided on this website on the basis that you will assess and verify the material and any representations or statements obtained from the website before use. Changes in circumstances, after material is placed on this website, may impact the accuracy of that material.
2.1.3. When the Department grants you authentication and access privileges as an authorised user, you agree to use the Application in a lawful, ethical and responsible manner and to follow any instructions provided by the Department for the use of the Application.
2.2.1. Copyright in this website including the materials, online graphics, audio and video on this website, is vested in Talent 2 Limited ABN 46 080 075 314 and the State of Western Australia unless otherwise indicated.
2.2.2. Apart from any fair dealing for the purposes of private study, research, customers feedback or as otherwise permitted under the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth), no part of this website or the materials, online graphics or audio and video on this website may be reproduced or re-used for any commercial purpose without the prior written permission of the Department. Requests for authorisation should be directed to the contact numbers listed on the MyHR website.
2.3. Sharing of information – Applications
Where the authorised use of an Application provides permission to copy or receive data, use of that data must be in accordance with the Department’s intended purpose only and:
- you are bound by any specific copyright and non-disclosure requirements notified to you, as part of the authorisation process for that Application
- must not be made available to people other authorised persons
- must not be republished or quoted in an attempt to discredit the Department, its officers, employees, agents and contractors
- must not be used for resale for any gain or where gain is expected
2.4. Links to and from other websites
The Department’s website may have links to and from external Internet sites. These external information sources are provided purely for convenience and are outside the Department's control. The Department does not:
- endorse or provide any approval of any material obtained from other websites
- warrant or assume any responsibility for the quality, accuracy, source, merchantability, fitness for purpose or any other aspect of the material on those websites, and you must make your own assessment regarding any material obtained from another website.
2.5. Compliance with laws
You must comply with all State and Commonwealth laws when using this website and any Application.
3. Accuracy of information
3.1. No liability
To the fullest extent permitted by law the Department is not liable to you arising from your use of or reliance on any material or advice obtained from this website or any Application.
3.2. Use at your own risk
You agree that your use of any Application is entirely at your own risk. All Applications are provided on an ‘as is’ basis, and without any representations, warranties or conditions of any kind, whether express or implied, and including without limitation implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, all of which are hereby fully disclaimed to the fullest extent of the law.
4. Technical environment
4.1.1. We cannot guarantee that this Application and any other information or material contained in, downloaded or accessible from it, is free from computer viruses or any other defect or error which may affect your software or systems. To protect your software and systems we recommend you install and implement your own system protection software.
4.1.2. Your transmission to the Department will be examined for known viruses using the Department’s standard operating environment scanning and detection tools. Where a virus is detected in your transmission, the transmission may be rejected and will be deemed not to have occurred.
Where a transmission is rejected either a transmission and/or transaction confirmation will not be received by you, or you may be notified by the application that a problem has occurred and your transaction has not completed.
You are advised, where a transmission failure has occurred, to clean and resubmit the transmitted data. The Department is not responsible if your transaction fails due to viral problems.
4.2. Security of data
4.2.1. The Department will take all reasonable precautions to protect the data you transmit from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure, during transmission to the Department or while stored on either our web server or on the web servers of parties engaged by the Department to provide a service to you.
Our online security measures include, but are not limited to:
- encrypting data sent from your computer to our systems during Internet transactions and customer access codes transmitted across networks
- employing firewalls, intrusion and IP address detection systems and virus scanning tools to prevent unauthorised persons and viruses from entering our systems
- using dedicated secure networks or encryption when we transmit electronic data for purposes of outsourcing.
4.2.2. Should you suspect or become aware of a breach of security we ask that you immediately notify us (see Contacting the Department) and suspend the use of all electronic communications until we are satisfied that appropriate steps have been taken to ensure the security of electronic communications with you.
4.3. Data back-ups
The Department undertakes electronic backup of its computer based systems for its own purposes but does not provide backup and recovery of data not required for its own purposes.
We suggest that you implement your own backup and recovery facilities and procedures for data accessed from or transmitted to website and associated applications.
4.4 Technical support
4.4.1. You acknowledge that you are responsible for your own hardware and software and for your Internet connection and associated costs.
4.4.2. The Department shall advise you of the minimum equipment and software requirements necessary to access any application.
4.4.3. The Department may at its discretion upon not less than 7 days notice alter any minimum equipment and software requirements to access any application.
4.4.4. The Department shall not be responsible for the provision or supply of any equipment or software necessary for you to access and operate any Application, nor for any maintenance, training or support in respect of your equipment or software.
5. Access and authentication to an application
5.1. Establishing your identity
5.1.1. Subject to clause 5.3, where applications on this website require an identifiable interaction with you, we will provide you with a unique username and confidential password to provide authentication, the combination of which identifies you to us and authenticates you as the person who you claim to be.
5.1.2. In using your login details to access MyHR, you acknowledge that you have read and agree to be bound by these Conditions of Use which apply to the application for which authorised access is sought.
5.1.3. When access to use an application is required by more than one person within your organisation, we require each of those people to be identifiable and we will therefore provide, on application, a unique username and confidential password to each of those people. Sharing of user accounts or disclosure of user names or confidential passwords is forbidden.
5.1.4. Responsibility for the confidentiality and use of your username and confidential password is your responsibility. You must immediately notify the Department (see Contacting the Department) if you become aware of the loss, theft or unauthorised use of your username and confidential password, following which, the Department will as soon as reasonably possible, disable access to the application for that username and issue you with a replacement.
5.1.5. The person who is associated with that username takes responsibility for all transactions made through that application and is responsible for maintaining an audit trail and the provision of a secure access framework.
5.1.6. It is recommended that you change your password on a regular basis using the ‘change password’ function within MyHR. The department may undertake sporadic audits of passwords to check for their strength of security we therefore recommend that you chose a password that is unique to MyHR To help achieve this please follow recognised conventions for selecting strong passwords, guidance which can be obtained via the Australian Government ‘Stay Smart Online’ initiative (external site).
5.2.1. You agree that as an authorised user of an application:
- you are bound by any electronic communication which includes your username and password without any further inquiry on our part
- we can assume that any transaction or instruction received by way of an application activated by an authorised user’s username and confidential password originates from that authorised user and is a valid transaction or instruction which cannot be reversed.
5.2.2. Transactions executed by an authorised user may be captured and retained by the Department on a ‘transaction log’ and may include all instructional and financial interactions received from the authorised user. In the event of any dispute, you agree to accept the Department’s transactional log as conclusive evidence of instructional and financial interactions made by you with the Department.
5.3. Revoking access
The Department reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to immediately suspend or terminate your access to and use of the website or to refuse or revoke your authorised use of any application available through this website at its discretion.
This discretion is likely to be exercised in the following circumstances:
- inappropriate or unreasonable use of the website or an application
- deliberate or reckless disruption to the website or an application
- use your Internet access to menace, create a nuisance or harass others or attempt to do so
- make any denial-of-service attacks on us or any other users or networks relating to us or attempt to do so
- unlawfully attempts to gain access to other applications or networks which the Department uses or operates
- breaches any of these Conditions of Use for any application.
5.4. Continuation of access
The Department is under no obligation to continue providing an application on this website, which it considers, is out-dated superseded or which cannot be supported by the Department’s current operating environment.
The Department may from time to time upgrade, replace or retire any application available on this website.
If practicable the Department will give you as much notice as possible of any changes which may affect your use of an application.
5.5 Website availability
5.5.1. Although the Department has in place procedures to avoid unintended interruption of this website, you acknowledge that the website or any application may malfunction or become temporarily unavailable due to:
- computer, web server or software malfunction or network congestion
- the failure of the communication network provided by your internet service provider or ours
- ancillary equipment failures
- other circumstance beyond our reasonable control.
5.5.2. The Department reserves the right to suspend the availability of this website or any part of this website or any application at any time. Examples of where this may occur are:
- to perform certain administrative tasks and scheduled maintenance
- if, in our opinion, a serious threat is posed to any part of the system supporting this website or any application.
5.5.3. Where this website or any part of this website or any application is unavailable, the Department accepts no liability for:
- the website or its associated applications being unable to perform either in whole or in part any of the functions which we have claimed to support
- your inability to execute a transaction or instruction.
6. Amended terms and conditions
The Department reserves at its sole discretion the right to change these Terms and Conditions from time to time.
You must periodically check this section of the website to see if any of the changes affect you. By your continued use of this application you are deemed to agree to any changes.
If you do not agree to any changes you must stop using this application.
Health Corporate Network (HCN)
Phone: 6444 5000
Fax: 6444 5012
3/81 St Georges Terrace
Perth WA 6000
GPO Box 8545
Perth Business Centre WA 6849