The Department is committed to treat all personal information in line with the best privacy practices.
2. Data quality, access and correction
If you are an applicant to an advertised vacancy via either MyHR or MyJob or if you are an employee placing your details into the MyHR website, you are responsible for ensuring your information is accurate.
If you apply for a particular vacancy through either MyHR or MyJob you cannot amend your application once you have sent your application to the recruiter.
If you are a registered member of the MyHR website, you can access the information that you have provided (other than a job application you have provided) by entering your user name and password, or you can contact us if you wish us to amend your records for you.
3. Collection of personal information
The MyJob and MyHR systems collect your personal information as provided by you, on behalf of the organisation for which you have submitted the information.
This information is stored in a database to be used exclusively by the Department.
The MyJob and MyHR systems will only collect personal information from you that is necessary to:
- properly assess your request and provide you with services enabled by using MyJob or MyHR products
- notify you of any administrative matters
- notify you if your access to our services will be suspended for any reason.
We will only collect personal information that you voluntarily provide by using this website or by any other method agreed to by you.
If you do not provide us with all personal information requested we may not be able to properly assess your request for service and the level of service we can provide you may be less than we could otherwise provide.
4. Use and disclosure of information
We will only use personal information you provide to us for the purpose of providing you with the service or product you have requested.
We will not sell, rent, trade, share, reveal, transfer or disclose any of your personal information, unless:
- you have requested that we do so
- it is necessary to provide you with services you have requested or for the implementation of measures taken in response to your request or for the conclusion or performance of a contract concluded in your interest between us and a third party
- we are required to do so by a court of competent jurisdiction or by governmental order, decree, regulation or rule of any regulatory agency
- we reasonably believe that use or disclosure is necessary to prevent or lessen a serious and imminent threat to an individual's life, health or safety or a serious threat to public health or safety
- we have reason to suspect that unlawful activity has been, is being or may be engaged in, and the use or disclosure of your personal information is a necessary part of our investigation of the matter or in reporting our concerns to relevant persons or authorities
- we reasonably believe that the recipient of the information is subject to a statute, binding scheme or contract which effectively upholds principles for fair information handling that are substantially similar to these principles
- the transfer is for your benefit and
- it is not practicable to obtain your consent to the subject of the information that transfer
- if it were practicable to obtain your consent, you would be likely to give it.
5. Deletion of personal information
Further, the personal information you have supplied to us, although archived within our systems and made inaccessible, may never be completely removed from our databases due to technical constraints and the fact that we back up our systems.
Similarly, the nature of the internet involves many different servers and internet service providers, many of which will back up data. Although your information is largely inaccessible and unidentifiable, the data does remain.
It is not possible to entirely eliminate data from the internet.
6. Data security
We will take all reasonable measures to ensure the privacy of personal information. We will take reasonable steps to ensure that all information we collect, is stored in a secure environment accessed only by authorised persons.
Transmissions sent to, or from MyJob or MyHR sites are continuously monitored for intrusion and quality control. Unfortunately, no data transmitted over the Internet is secure.
7. Amendments to this Policy
You must periodically check this section of the website to see if any of the changes affect you.
By your continued use of these sites you are deemed to agree to any changes.
If you do not agree to any changes you must stop using these sites.
Health Corporate Network (HCN)
Phone: 6444 5000
Fax: 6444 5012
3/81 St Georges Terrace
Perth WA 6000
GPO Box 8545
Perth Business Centre WA 6849